Wednesday, May 19, 2010

On Ke$ha, Beiber, nonsense

I sort of actually like Ke$ha. Ha. And not even ironically. Her songs are funny and catchy and not irritating and exhausting like the rest of the junk that gets drilled into our brains. I STILL like Tik-Tok after it's 1,000,000th play. Her lyrics are vapid and dumb but that doesn't make me and my friends vapid and dumb for singing along. It's fun to talk about partying like it's all that matters. Maybe we even superficially wish it was all that matters.  We like to pretend that we can have a glittery boozy 3-day rager too.  But it's mostly pretend.



I felt bad for her when she performed on SNL and no one cheered when she revealed her weird get-up. Evidently, they didn't get it. But I get it! She's weird, and yes, she's trying too hard but I find it endearing. She's also confusingly packaged which I find oddly comforting about the music business. She might also be more intelligent than she lets on (she went to college).

But the Justin Beiber thing? NO. NO to that. I don't get that. That whole thing with the Beiber and the twitter and...it makes me feel like my dead grandmother. I like ignoring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment