Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bean Salsa

What follows is my Aunt Kathy's recipe.  She made it for my brother's birthday a few weeks ago and I HAD to make it today.  It is so fucking good and I am so fucking proud of myself.

Combine 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup sugar.  Bring to a boil; cool.

In a large bowl, combine

2 cans small white beans, rinsed and drained

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 can shoepeg corn (You can use frozen corn or another variety if you can't find this.)

3 peppers - red, yellow, and green, diced

1 red onion, diced (I used about half a large onion.)

Pour vinegar mixture over the vegetables and stir to coat.




I just used green peppers because they are cheaper.  Look!  I diced that!  
The final dish.  It's as beautiful as it is delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment