Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Musings On A Rainy Day
It's raining. It's raining.
Lately, I've been feeling a bit restless which is probably only magnified on a dreary Tuesday. I suspect that I'm not quite living up to my potential. I shouldn't say lately, I guess. I've been restless my whole life. But time is passing so very quickly and I don't feel like I'm making any gains. I've plateaued perhaps. I'm stagnant. I made the switch recently from non-profit to for-profit (not my own, assuredly) and I no longer have the feeling of working for something that matters or that makes people lives better. Not that I was, really. But now I sit at a desk, I process invoices, and I put heaving stacks of paper in numerical order.
No one needs a college degree to put a stack of paper in numerical order. I'm surviving. That might just be all I can ask for right now. The only idea I have is to go back to school, perhaps then I can get a job that requires a college degree.
But mostly, I would just like to move into the woods. I want to grow vegetables and chop wood and make pancakes. I want to spend zero money for weeks on end. I want my muscles to ache not from working out but from moving them for a purpose. I want to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life and not, when I come to die, discover that I had not lived.
WOAH, sorry to go all Thoreau on you there. That was weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment