Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Minneapolis: A Picture Essay

Minneapolis is way underrated.  I'm talking the fucking city, though, suburbs are hell.  Yes, downtown smells like poop wrapped in lunch meat and the transit is just a joke.  But there's nowhere I'd rather be living today and I'll tell you why.
This building.

I don't know what's in it but it's real big.  It's at like 2nd st and Hennepin.  I think the sun likes the shape of it too because it lights it up real pretty.




Try listening to "You Make My Dreams Come True" by Hall and Oates while looking at this fountain and not smiling.


Moments after this picture was taken I saw a bicyclist spit on a car for cutting him off.  Just like life.




They've been working on this church on Hennepin for a while and someone must have tagged "Free Thought" on the scaffolding.  The workers don't seem to care, maybe because they agree with the message?






Lake Calhoun is overrun with creepy tan half-naked old dudes, but it's still a boss lake, and pretty damn clean, considering.

And falling asleep next to it with some Hemmingway in the hot afternoon sun is pretty boss too.









Sometimes Minneapolis can seem a little too comfortable and boring, and then your friend invites you to her awesome condo with a view full of this.








Sometimes ducks follow you home.









Karate masters sweep their own stoop here.










You can always see this hanging at the Minneapolis Institute of Art, for FREE.













Although this city is definitely built for cars, there's still room for pedestrians and bicyclists.  Even more now, since the city put in these.  I ride my own bike, but I really love this anyway, for many reasons.






After being over-served 2 for 1 glasses of wine...














...Minneapolis looks just as pretty and blury as a picture taken from a moving vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment