Thursday, June 17, 2010

Broccoli Yam Surprise

I've been reading a lot of vegan cooking blogs lately.  Everything looks so god damn yummy it makes me very excited to be eating vegan again.  Every bean burger or chickpea salad makes me squeal until I start reading the directions.  They always claim to be super easy until they start in on the sautee this, roast that, food process the rest.  I don't have a food processor, the time, nor the money to buy all the ingredients to whip up these confections.  My laziness and lack of cooking skills has spurred my creativity though.  My latest go to dish is as follows.


1.  Cook up some brown rice (either stove top or buy the microwaveable kind).

2.  Chop up some broccoli and steam in the microwave.

3.  Cook one small yam (in the microwave, naturally).  Cut into bite size pieces.

4.  Mix all ingredients together and top off with House of Tsang's Peanut Sauce.

I don't intend for anyone to actually make this thing but believe me, it's yummy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment